Тypes of studies
The higher education system in Serbia offers two types of studies: academic studies realized at universities, and applied studies realized primarily at colleges of applied studies and academies of applied studies, and occasionally at universities as well.
First level of studies includes:
- Undergraduate Academic Studies (Bachelor) – lasting for 3 or 4 years, carrying 180 to 240 ECTS
- Bachelor Applied Studies – lasting for 3 years, carrying 180 ECTS.
Second level of studies includes:
- Master Academic Studies – lasting for 1 or 2 years and carrying 60 to 120 ECTS
- Master Applied Studies – lasting for 2 years and carrying at least 120 ECTS for students who have previously achieved 180 ECTS
- Specialized Applied Studies – lasting for 1 year and carrying 60 ECTS
- Specialist Academic Studies – lasting for 1 year and carrying 60 ECTS, for students who have achieved at least 300 ECTS in previous studies.
Third level of studies includes
- Doctoral Academic Courses (PhD), including a minimum of 3 years of study or 180 ECTS.
In the field of medical science (studies of medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine), integrated courses are organized in the duration of 6 years and carrying a minimum of 360 ECTS. Pharmacy studies also offer integrated courses that carry 300 ECTS.
Source of information: description of Serbian education system has been retrieved from Eurydice Network website and granted by Eurydice Serbia.